Thursday, April 12, 2012

a few more new wool colors...

some very spring like colors... flowers maybe...
When we were at the April rug hooking meeting, I asked Kay for a lesson in making the jelly roll thingys I had seen on some of the rugs at last years rug school exhibit. She assured me they were not hard and proceeded to show me how. She was so right... not hard and fun too!! The absolute perfect thing for sheeps wool..

This one is hung from an old wool card (it got estranged from it's partner)... and backed with a piece of  brown wool. I think I'm going to give ebay another try and see how my luck goes. So if anyone is interested it will soon be listed..


...and last is progress on my winter horse. I have some lighter gray thick thin handspun yarn about done to finish off the edge. Already the other three seasons are drawn up and waiting for color choices.


2 comments:

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

I just love your hooked goods! I am just learning and I have one project ready to bind. How in the world do you do those circles on the sheep??? It looks impossible, to me!...lol..All
I can say is it's awesome!

Blessings~Karen

Merrilee Town said...

Oh Honey, your work just gets better and better. I hope to see you the end of the month while Michael is here from Florida! Miss you, and your winter horse is lovely.