Monday, June 25, 2012

A little surprise hidden...

 ...way back in the forest.


 Last Friday Kris and I headed over to Grand Rapids to meet up with Kay and Dale to celebrate Kay's birthday. It was great to spend some time with such wonderful friends and share a lunch and catch up on everyones news.
On the way back somewhere past Coleraine we spotted a sign along the road that said "rummage sale" and off we went down a side road. Now Kris is really good at directions, me not so much, so I am thinking "wow, hope we don't get lost". Several miles down the road, I'm wondering how far could this sale be!?? Then soon the road turns into a dirt road, by then I am wondering out loud if maybe the sale is too far out and are you sure you want to drive your car on a dirt road??
 To which Kris replies "I live on a dirt road", OK so then I'm starting to wonder out loud about how far and the chances of being lost out in the boonies?? To which she replies oh, it's just over there to 16, so I'm figuring at least maybe we won't be lost. Pretty soon we see another sign for the sale and turn on to an even smaller road where the trees are almost touching the car and I am starting to roll the time thing over in my mind and all of a sudden, there we are...

We both found a couple treasures and visited with the nicest people. They let us take a few pictures of their amazingly beautiful place to share with you. It was so quiet and peaceful...




 And Kris was right we turned on another road, went about a mile and were back on a main road and on our way home.


What a wonderful day...


No comments: